Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Feathered Head is on the Move

I try to avoid personal matters on this blog unless they correspond to visiting fantastic places or exhibitions (or bad business from Bookmooch, never use that site!) however I feel the need to bring up one that has been looming over my head for a while that has already brought about some changes for the blog.  A month from now I will be packing up two suitcases worth of possession and moving back to the fabulous UK to begin my PhD in History of Art.  With some luck, maybe I'll actually finish it too!

While this by no means I will cast off Georgiana's Gossip Guide, it could possibly mean I won't be updating as much, which has already begun seeing how this summer has found me running around making last minute arrangements.  It also means I will be back in the libraries finding many new topics to gossip about which I am really looking forward to.  Thank you all for bearing with me as I transition to this new phase!

Oh! And if any UK peeps out there has any recommendations for an inexpensive smartphone plan, I would love to hear.  I must continue to have access to blogging/tweeting on the go!

13 comments:

  1. What exciting news! Best of luck to you on the move and in your studies. I'm looking forward to posts from your UK perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to a burning Blighty! How about a piece on the Gordon riots?

    You can read all about our troubles on the Guardian news blog:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/2011/aug/09/london-riots-violence-looting-live

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and best of luck in your studies! We'll just have to treasure the tidbits you do post all the more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, where will you be? :)

    I have an iPhone 4 with Vodafone and find them very good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That's very exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh well done then! Do have fun and I look forward to hearing of your adventures! More gorgeous pictures, please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all!

    @Madame Guillotine, I will be in lovely Edinburgh. Thanks for the recommendation, I think Vodafone will be my first stop!

    @Rob's Uncle, I have been following very closely. My post on the Gordon Riots is here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Heather! Edinburgh! I love that city! Bring lots of warm woolies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. w00t! Exciting. :) Good luck and I'm sure you'll do brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! Edinburgh! Some of my family is from there. (The rest from Forfar) I'm so jealous!

    Congrats on the exciting move. And trust me. We'll all wait patiently while you settle in and establish yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I am so happy for you! I wish you all the best for your studies, and that you'll find a great job with them afterwards. (Maybe you'll be the next Amanda Vickery?) Nice that you are moving to Edinburgh. My husband used to do swordfighting demonstrations and military history talks in the castle and the National Museum there. Good times!

    Weird to read about the Gordon riots now, with all of that going on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How deliciously exciting! I know all of us in blog land wish you the best in your studies :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much everyone! A simple blogger, like myself couldn't ask for a better support group :)

    ReplyDelete