Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What Would Georgie Do?

I just moved into a new apartment this semester and it was instantly a perfect excuse to invite my friends over and have a good time. I brought it up with my best friend (since elementary school!) and she acted like it was a fun idea. Now, however I found out that she is also throwing a party the same day! We both have different circles of friends nowadays but still, I am a bit put off that she would snub me that way. So I want to stay classy about it all and was just wondering how Georgiana would handle this type of situation. Sincerely, Rattled in Raleigh


This sort of thing was not an unusual problem for Georgiana. In fact the Duchess of Gordon would sometimes purposely hold parties or balls to compete with a party Georgiana was throwing, just to be the vindictive tart that we know she is. Of course, being the popular Duchess that she was, sometimes even friends' parties would overlap the ones Georgiana would throw. Doing it on purpose though, now that's a Lady Jersey move! Georgiana herself was non-confrontational, and in this case nothing good will come from a confrontation.
You should remember the task at hand: being a fabulous hostess. Make some fun and delicious finger foods, start decorating, and rearrange your apartment so there is good chi in the room. In the end, you fabulous hostess skills will say more than sharp words will!

I'm no advice columnist, and I know Georgiana can't be channeled through me, but if you have a fun question you'd like to submit to What Would Georgie Do? please email it to GeorgianaGossip@gmail.com with "What Would Georgie Do?" in the subject line. Or if you have a question better intended for the Queen of France, email MarieAntoinetteGossip@gmail.com

10 comments:

  1. Awh, cute idea! By the way, I keep coming by your site to gawk and drool over the portrait of the Duke... even though I feel a bit ashamed doing it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, Georgianna, always the lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never be ashamed of your historical crushes! Lauren and I have a few that we always talk about when we scour the art museums.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness! I thought I was a freak of nature. There's a Reynolds portrait at the Met that I always have to visit when I'm in town. (Along with so many other Met treasures like Miss Farren.) It's Colonel Somebody and his horse and he just does something for me. His postcard is even on my fridge. There's another Reynolds fella I like, but I've never seen it in person and it's only in one book I've found. I'll have to look him up and share with you. He'd make a great Hunk. He even has a dueling scar patch on his cheek.

    Okay. I'll stop now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GEORGE COUSSMAKER!

    He's such a babe! I was definitely thinking of him when I wrote that. I've been looking for more info on him in order to make him a hunk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great minds think alike! He's just fabulous! I hope you post him as a Hunk, so I can show my friends and give them the old "ha!" of victory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been working on it. I just have to scrape up some dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, since we're all opening our hearts, my favorite would have to be Joseph Warren, ever since I read about him climbing through the window of a church to give the memorial service on the Boston Massacre anniversary. Copley painted a really hot portrait of him, too, which the Museum of Fine Art in Boston is cruel enough to hide away in storage! What is it about soldiers in those days?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It must be Lydia Bennet Syndrome. Officers! Officers! A whole camp full of officers. (Now I want to go to Brighton.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic idea and good advice too! What fun!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete